Ready to make history as a pioneer in a brand-new customer service position in Indianapolis? Do you enjoy working with the public? Are you friendly with a willingness to help solve problems?
NOLAN Security is hiring Fare Inspectors for Indy Go’s rapid transit bus routes. A customer focused position, the Fare Inspector will serve as an ambassador for Indy Go. Upholding Indy Go’s fare policy while delivering excellent customer service and educating the riding public on Indy Go’s policies and procedures.
NOLAN Security offers paid training, uniforms, flexible work hours and paid vacation. Job advancement opportunities available with excellent performance.
Company: NOLAN Security & Investigations, LLC.
Position: Fare Inspector – (Indy Go rapid transit)
|WORK SCHEDULE: Full and Part-Time positions available. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.|
|LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN|
|Serves as an Indy Go Customer Service Ambassador with the focus on assuring customer compliance with the Indy Go fare policy.|
|EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:|
1. Maintain the integrity of the fare system, and provide excellent customer service by upholding Indy Go policy pertaining to fare inspections and other issues in a consistent, non-discriminatory manner
2. Conduct proof of payment on Indy Go buses and station platforms to determine the customers have valid fares.
3. Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of NOLAN Security and Indy Go. Always uses sound judgment. Works safely on the job. Respects co-workers and assures the quality of services to all customers both internal and external.
4. Provide assistance and information to the public on the use of the transit system and educate the public on the use of Indy Go fare media, inclusive of the fare policy and how to use the ticket vending machines.
5. Issue infraction citations to passengers not holding a valid ticket or pass in accordance with the state’s transit fare policy.
6. Operates communications and safety equipment such as two-way radios, other electronic equipment, computers and handheld fare verification equipment.
7. Attends in-service training, seminars or other opportunities for professional development as made available by NOLAN and Indy Go. Actively participates in staff meetings, trainings, etc.
8. Has thorough working knowledge of Agency policies and procedures.
1. Ability to report on time in the proper uniform and to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Minimum possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
3. Must pass background check, inclusive of drug and alcohol test.
4. Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured on our equipment
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to report events and activities in a factual, clear and concise manner.
7. Strong personal and problem-solving skills with the ability to be informative, patient, tactful, diplomatic, respectful, unbiased and ethical.
8. Work requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time (possibly 8 hours or more in a day) carrying work-related tools and equipment on moving vehicles, on uneven terrain and unstable surfaces; running short distances; climbing stairs; lifting and bending,
9. Occasionally work in inclement weather and having face-to-face communication with members of the public.
<?php echo do_shortcode(‘